Wednesday 1 June 2011

It's a bird..it's a plane.. it's the launch of the new DC Comic store! (Lame i know)


The largest DC Comic Super Heroes store in Asia
I must confess that I am not a comic/ superhero fan. Push a comic book under my nose and I’ll most probably take a quick glance before chucking it aside. (Although I was addicted to the Doreamon series, if you can call that comic, when I was a kid) But when I heard about the opening of the brand new DC Comic Store in Pavilion KL, I jumped at the chance to go. Because fan or not, I knew it was going to be a “super cool” event. 


And it sure was. Superheroes, comic enthusiast, men in tights and a Batmobile! The centre court area of Pavilion KL was filled with fans, guest and media all decked in DC Comic t-shirts. The event was held to launch the movie, Green Lantern, and also to launch the new DC Comic Super Heroes store in Pavilion, which is the largest one in the whole of Asia. The store has life-sized DC Comic characters and an exclusive replica of the Batmobile and the Batpod. 


The fashion show was my favourite. Models took to the runway dressed in classic DC Comics t-shirts, shoes, caps, all accessorized with chains, whips, cut-out tights and funky jewellery. During the whole event, actors dressed as the Flash, Batman, Wonder Women, the Green Lantern, and the Joker made their way around the centre court, taking pictures with fans and posing for the media. 


30 lucky people walked away with free passes to watch the Green Lantern and two VERY lucky people walked away with tickets to go to New York City. (I should have dropped in more cards, dam!)


There were also performances by Faizal Tahir and Desiree Tan. Judging from the screams, half the fans were there to watch Faizal Tahir, who proceeded to take his sunglasses, shirt and belt off (Superman style) in the middle of his performance, and throwing it to the crowd. (Note: Faizal got into a lot of trouble in 2008 when he removed his shirt during a live performance on 8TV’s fourth anniversary concert.)


So go check out the store. It’s located on the 5th floor of Pavilion KL. Like I said, I’m no fan, but it’s definitely worth a visit. 


Clark Kent?

The "model" version of Superman








2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I'm a big fans of Superheroes from Indonesia, and collecting more than 12400 fantasy pictures-superhero at my scrapbooks. Now, with internet technology, I can find a lot data about those superheroes, (not just real paper)... I put this link to my blog : http://superheromania.blogspot.com/2011/07/patung-flash-di-kuala-lumpur.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!
    Wow 12400 is a lot! Kudos to you =)

    ReplyDelete