Tuesday 19 April 2011

Ozmosis Health & Day Spa




It was a hot day and I was not in a cheery mood as I trudged up the streets of Jalan Telawi 2 in my boots. I finally locate the Ozmosis Spa, which is just above La Bodega and walk up the stairs. As I’m walking up, I’m greeted with a sweet, calming scent of incense which does wonders for my mood. When I step into the Spa, all thoughts of the weather and traffic were miraculously banished from my mind. Instead, I was instantly filled with a sense of utter relaxation. The soft music, low lighting and aromatic scents is just what one would need to feel relax and forget about the world outside.

As I take a seat on the plush sofa, I am instantly taken in with a wooden bowl on the coffee table in front of me containing three curiously looking clam shells, the reason for my being here at the Ozmosis Health & Day Spa during working hours, the unveiling of Ozmosis latest treatment, the Lava Shell Therapy.

These tiger striped clam shells are actually a self-heating product that activates when filled with Lava Gel. The shells were actually harvested by the South Pacific Islander for their diet, after which they would be thrown away. But now, these shells are the latest trend in heated massage tool, and also the first of its kind in Malaysia. Each shell is hand-selected, then carefully sanded and polished to reveal the depths of its own natural sheen. 

I was really intrigued listening to the short presentation by Spa Manager Melanie Anselm as she explains how the treatment works. According to Mel, the shells provide the healing powers of a heated massage, much better than the hot stones therapy. Each shell will stay heated for more than an hour once it’s activated. The benefits one can gain from this treatment includes; stress relief, muscle relaxant and pain relief, detoxification, improved blood circulation and energy flow, regulation of the skin’s natural renewal process contributing to firmer and healthier looking skin.

After the presentation, I was treated to a short demo as one of the friendly spa staff offered to massage my arms. It was an extremely soothing experience as she massages my hands, in between my fingers, my palm and all the way up to my shoulders. I don’t exactly like massages because I’m a very ticklish person but the heated shells did wonders for me! I guess you could say I was sad when it ended.

I was a little torn once the event was over. Part of me wanted to stay and relax a little more, and another part of me knew I had to get back to the office. As I walked out from the calm and soothing comforts of the Ozmosis Health & Day Spa, I promised myself that I would come back for a full treatment. 

Ozmosis Health & Day Spa
03 2287 0380
www.ozmosis.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment