Wednesday 20 April 2011

GNC Live Well Seminar with the pros!


Charles Glass, ME, Jennifer Rankin & Steve Cook
I attended a GNC Live Well event (GNC Know Your True Strength Seminar) this morning in Fitness First at The Curve. It was actually a seminar for fitness enthusiast to learn more about the latest technique and nutritional tips to boost ones performance and endurance. To highlight this issue, GNC and Fitness First decided it was best for everyone to hear it from the pros, so they brought in three very fit, very built well known trainers/body builders from America. Jennifer Rankin, Charles Glass and Steve Cook.



Audience were given a short presentation on GNC products before proceeding to a Q&A session with the trainers. Some of the question raised were pretty..well..dumb. The majority of people there had the same problem, how to eliminate or prevent pain while working out. And the obvious answer was of course to stop training that particular body part if you’re injured. Muscle injury doesn’t heal in just a few short hours. It takes time. It’s ridiculous to think that these so called body builders didn’t know how to prevent and treat injury while building muscles. And it was obvious from the reaction from the pros that they were a little taken aback that half of the people in the room still continued hard core training while still injured. 

I couldn't resist another shot =)

The two hour seminar was indeed informative even for me. (I work out but I don’t lift weights/body build) And of course I couldn’t leave without snapping a photo with the three trainers who were more than accommodating. (Charles Glass saw me standing in the corner and pulled me in for a photo. =) 


P/S: Before the event started, I actually thought I was going to be faced with a bunch of scary steroid induced body builders. But I was pleasantly surprised. They looked fit and HEALTHY with no hint of steroids in their system.

Steve Cook obligingly took his shirt off after being prompted by the crowd
             

No comments:

Post a Comment