Tuesday 10 January 2012

Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad


I’ve promised myself that I will start being healthy again this week so I have been spending a lot of time looking for some yummy recipes online and in cook books. I used to think salads were kind of boring until I found this simple recipe for some yummy Mediterranean Chick Pea salad. It’s my current favourite meal/snack. You can also use this as a side dish. There’s no meat involved so it’s perfect for vegetarians! Take a look!

Here’s what you need:
  • 1 can of chickpeas. Rinse it under the tap and let it drain.
  • ½ small red onion. Slice it nice and thin
  • ½ cucumber. Peel it, get rid of the seeds and chop it nice and thin
  • 1 roasted red or green pepper chopped
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 big lemon, squeezed
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • A pinch of salt

Directions
  • Get a big bowl and mix all the ingredients together well. 
  • Put in a sprinkle of parsley if you like. 
  • Let it sit for 10 minutes and you’re ready to eat!

You can keep the leftovers in a fridge and eat it cold the next day or heat it up if you like. Alternately you can put a crumble of goat cheese in it, put a small portion in a whole wheat or tortilla wrap to make it a little filling. Bon appétit!

P/S: This dish will pack on less than 200 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment